Visit camps with us in WI, MI, OH,
NY, PA, ME, and Nova Scotia!
Visit camps with us in MO, OK, TX,
NM, CO, UT, CA, OR, WA, ID, & WY!
Visit camps with us in GA, SC, NC,
VA, IN, MN, WI, IA, KY, & OH!
Ace Adventure Center is a returning Major Sponsor - Helping us Grow - Visit Ace
in West Virginia! See a map of their location on the WV Locator Map!
Gander Mountain is a new Major Sponsor - Helping us Keep the Guide Reasonably
Visit any of the 65 Gander Mountain Stores in 9 States! See Gander Mountain
locations in the Guide on these Locator Maps: IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, NY, OH, PA, & WI.
Appalachian Wildwaters is a new Major Sponsor - Their Support Helps us Provide
Color Maps! Visit Appalachian Wildwaters in West Virginia & Tennessee! Locations
conveniently mapped on the WV and TN State Locator Maps in the Guide.
Meet Our Sponsors!!
The Third Edition of Scout Camps USA
is supported by select advertisers.
Visit our Sponsors - Many offer $-saving deals
for your unit or youth group! Be sure to let
them know you learned about them at Scout
Camps USA! Click Below for All
Scout Camps USA
New - Improved - Expanded
352 Pages! Color Maps!
"A Super-Collection of
Hard to Find Information"
The original Scout Camps USA listed, described, cross-referenced,
and mapped over 400 National Boy Scout and Local Council Summer Camps, Reservations,
Ranches, Aquatics Bases, High Adventure Bases and destinations throughout the United
The Second Edition added reader-requested features, including
Short-Term and Cub Camp Listings, Military Camping Opportunities, Articles,
Full-Color Maps, At-a-Glance Charts, Camp Tour Narratives, & Photographs.
The All-New Third Edition of Scout Camps USA expands and improves
on all these features and adds much, much more!
! ! NEW ! ! The all-new Third Edition is the ultimate Scouter's Atlas, now including...
Discover More! See for details.
- NEW! 173 Scout's Choice Destinations
- 409 Updated Listings for Summer Camps
- 296 Updated Listings for Short-Term Camps
- 68 Updated Listings for Cub World-Type Camps
- 337 Summer Camps with Short-Term Camping
- Scout-Friendly Military Bases
- Aquatics Bases, Ranches, High Adventure Bases
- Council Addresses, Websites & Phone Numbers
- NEW! Improved At-a-Glance Charts
- NEW! 279 BSA Camps open to Non-BSA Youths
- NEW! 148 Programs open to Non-BSA Youths
- 50 IMPROVED Full-Color Camp Locator State Maps
- NEW! List & Map of Historic Naval Ships
- NEW! Historic Naval Ships Article
- NEW! Camp Tour Narratives
- NEW! Zion National Park Article
- NEW! New Advertiser Offers for Scouts
- NEW! Dozens of Advertisers Spotted on Maps
- NEW! MORE Cross-References & Indices
- NEW! Show Caves & Caving Articles
- NEW! Canadian High Adventure Articles
- NEW! Collecting Camp Patches Article
- NEW! How to Build an Orienteering Program
- NEW! Adirondack Park Articles
- NEW! How to Buy Canoes
- NEW! How to Save $$$ on Essential Gear
- 352 Pages of Information You'll Find Indispensable!
What do Scouters say about the book?
Read all about it!
Scout Camps USA
Already Unique & Useful
Now Expanded & Improved!
Camp Tours - Virtual Camp
Web-only Articles - Camp Comments
Over a half-million visitors to Scout Camps USA's
website have enjoyed our Camp Tours, Camp Comments, and
the Virtual Camp with its Merit Badge resources.
Now, there's more to enjoy! Concurrent with the release of
Scout Camps USA - Third Edition, page by page,
we're unveiling our updated website, our new look,
new resources, and new content!
Coming in October, a new website debuts:
Destinations, Treks, Tours, Adventures throughout the nation,
coast-to-coast, the lower 48, Alaska and Hawaii, and beyond.
Youth Group Adventure - it's a where-to-go, what-to-do
guide for youth group leaders of all types - church, social,
school, Scouts (girls & boys), young teens, older teens --
any youth group will find useful info for trip and trek
planning, choosing outfitters, buying gear, and more!
Read what Scouters say about another camp,or
tell the world what your camp experience was like.
Take a Photo Tour!
What's your favorite non-BSA camping
or touring destination?
Have you earned yours? Click the Patch!
Friends of Scout Camps USA
(Who's a friend? Organizations and businesses
that provide us with invaluable help
of one sort or another. We hope you will visit
our friends and show them the same enthusiastic
support they have shown to us!)
Passport in Time - A Volunteer Program of the USDA Forest Service
The National Speleological Society
High-Tech Productions' Science & Technology Centers/International Space Collection
The International Scouting Collectors Association
Adirondack Mountain Club
another online source for Scout Camps USA
Visit www.boonedocksmarina.com - Economical Dockage
near Oriental, NC and a FREE friendly stopover for water-
going Scouts (a meal gladly thrown in for good measure
with advance notice) at the Editor's new home and docks
just minutes off the ICW near Bonner Scout Reservation and
Pamlico Sea Base Visit us when you're close by - Glad to have you!